UCL Global Masters Scholarship 2024/25 | Fully Funded
Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, UCL is London’s leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 16,000 staff and 50,000 students from over 150 different countries.
We are a diverse community with the freedom and courage to challenge, to question and to think differently.
Through a progressive approach to teaching and research, our world leading academics, curious students and outstanding staff continually pursue excellence, break boundaries and make an impact on real world problems.
Who we are
UCL is a diverse global community of world-class academics, students, industry links, external partners, and alumni. Our powerful collective of individuals and institutions work together to explore new possibilities.
UCL’s vision and impact
Our distinctive approach to research, education and innovation seeks to further inspire our communities to transform how the world is understood, how knowledge is created and shared, and the way that global problems are solved.
What UCL has to offer
UCL has always done things differently. As the first English university to champion inclusivity, diversity and open mindedness, we have never been afraid to rethink the norms of education and research.
Life at UCL, London
Our position in London brings unique benefits, providing all with access to a wealth of opportunities, and enabling us to contribute to everything that makes it one of the world’s greatest cities. Come and discover UCL with our visits and tours.
UCL Global Masters Scholarship
The UCL Global Masters Scholarship aims to enable and encourage international students from lower income backgrounds to pursue full-time Master’s degree studies at UCL.
Value: £15,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Financial need
Eligible fee status: Overseas
Eligible programmes: All postgraduate taught
Deadline: 5pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024
Candidates can be from any country outside the UK but must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- be eligible to pay the Overseas fee rate;
- come from a lower income background*;
- AND have submitted a complete admission application (including the submission of references) for a full-time Master’s degree at UCL in 2024/25.
Please note: Distance-learning options are not eligible for this fund; students must be coming to the UK to attend UCL in person.
*Guidance on how UCL defines household income can be found on UCL essential information page.
Value, benefits, and duration
- There are up to 85 (eighty-five) scholarships available in 2024/25 with five aimed specifically at students from India.
- The value of the bursary is £15,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only unless the full-time programme is 2yrs in length. In that case the scholarship will be paid 50% in each year.
- The UCL Global Masters Scholarship may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The amount of the UCL award may be adjusted depending on the total value of other funds received by the student.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the UCL Global Masters Scholarship being awarded.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments, throughout the academic year, towards maintenance.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of financial need and upon the recommendation of the Student Funding Office.
Successful candidates for 2024/25 will be notified by late June 2024.
How to apply
Please visit the International Masters Awards page for information on how to apply.
The deadline for applications to this scholarship will be at 5pm BST, Tuesday 7 May 2024.